- The questionnaire should be administered only to patients with newly diagnosed nephrotic syndrome, aged 1 to 5 years.
- Provide each patient with 1 extra questionnaire to be given to parents of an healthy schoolmate or friend of the index case (same gender and age) to serve as control. For confidentiality reasons we suggest that, together with the questionnaire, you also provide controls with an envelope to seal completed questionnaires which can be returned to you at the next visit of your patient
- Other methods to identify healthy controls may be acceptable but we suggest to discusse them with us in advance (to avoid systematic bias)
- Children with chronic diseases, or at increased risk of infections or receiving antibiotic prophylaxis must be excluded as controls.
- Send completed questionnaires either by e-mail (email@example.com) if scanned or by regular mail to:
Dr. Mirco Belingheri
Pediatric Nephrology Unit
Via della Commenda, 9
20122 Milano - Italy